Saturday, March 16, 2013

China Glaze: Smoke and Ashes

So, I realize that I am literally a year late to the Hunger Games nail polish party, but the collection came out during the 16 months that I was avoiding nail polish due to allergy concerns. The silver lining is that since I waited so long, I ended up only buying one of the polishes instead of, like, the whole collection, which I probably would've done when the polishes were new and exciting.

Nonetheless, I am excited about Smoke and Ashes! It came highly recommended by Becca. It's blacker than I expected (somehow? I don't... know what I expected), so I'm glad I cut my nails shorter before painting them. I don't really go for the shimmer look these days, but I really like the glass flecks in Smoke and Ashes -- they make the polish a lot more interesting! I also love how in some lights it looks like a dark blue or green instead of a pure black. I just can't stop looking at my nails.



A less reflective-y photo shows the flecks better

DFTBA!

No comments:

Post a Comment