Sunday, March 17, 2013

Happy St Patrick's Day!

Hey, so, Becca here with a holiday post! Apologies in advance for the shoddy quality of the photos. I'm away from home this week and don't have my proper camera, but my shamrock manicure came out pretty well and I wanted to share!

I put this together using OPI Goldeneye (from this winter's James Bond collection), Zoya Holly (Holiday 2011), and a variety of different sized dotting tools. I am pretty damn proud of that shamrock, Nailfighters. (Although, I understand from my Irish pal that a proper shamrock has three leaves not four, whoops.)

Shamrockin', right? (Don't pretend you don't love a bad pun.)

I did the shamrock leaves the same way that I would make a heart with dotting tools, by making two dots next to each other and then drawing them together in a point on one side. Practicing on a nail wheel first was definitely helpful!

I love both these polishes. I've been a big fan of Zoya Holly for a while now. It is such a pretty green and the formula is great. And Goldeneye actually looks like there is gold leaf on my nails. Gorgeous! I will be looking for more excuses to use this one.

DFTBA!

No comments:

Post a Comment