Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Cagedbird Nail Lacquer Faerie Carnival & Zoya Julie

After taking off my brightly colored birthday nails, I wanted to stick with happy, springlike colors (although it is anything but springlike in my part of New England). Check out the results!

Springtime perfection with Cagedbird and Zoya

I dug through my Melmer for a bit and decided that I really wanted to use something from the pastel Zang Toi Fashion Week Trio by Zoya (2012) with Cagedbird Nail Lacquer Faerie Carnival over the top. In the end I went with the purple, Zoya Julie, and I love the results!

Zoya Julie & Cagedbird Faerie Carnival

Zoya Julie goes on in perfectly in two coats and is shimmery and gorgeous in its own right, but I have to say that Faerie Carnival is the real show stopper here! For the sake of transparency, I should say that Sarah of Cagedbird (which you can find here on Etsy), is a friend of mine and one of my favorite people in the nail polish world... but that doesn't make her polishes any less awesome! (Seriously, I once wore her Miss Mouse polish on my fingernails while I was getting a pedicure and the people working at the nail salon commented on how cool they looked. Ask Katie, she was there.)

Faerie Carnival is described as containing "aqua, lavender, pink, green, blue and white pastel matte glitter with ultra-fine holographic shimmer" and it certainly does! It is so sparkly and perfect but somehow subtle on the nail. I feel like I am in a fairy story, for sure! And it goes on really easily as well! Plus, look at the adorable bottle and bow! To die for.

I am just loving this mani. I don't want to take it off! Here are some more photos for your enjoyment:






All and all, I have to say I love both these polishes. Julie has been re-released with Zoya's Spring Lovely Collection, so definitely pick it up if you want a pretty, shimmery lavender shade. And run don't walk to Cagedbird Nail Lacquer because that girl is a genius!

DFTBA!

1 comment: