Thursday, April 11, 2013

Confetti Fun with Selena Gomez

Today my best friend and I had a conversation about whether at age 22 we feel old or young. Well, it was a kind of one-sided conversation; I'm pretty sure my most insightful contribution was, "I bought Selena Gomez nail polish today. That makes me feel young." But it's okay. I am at peace with my affection for Disney starlets. And this polish looks good no matter who the collection is associated with.

Nicole by OPI Confetti Fun

I kind of thought I was going to layer this over gray, but it's been so sunny here lately that I was really feeling yellow. (This is China Glaze Happy Go Lucky, which I would love to see swatched next to Hit the Lights from the Selena Gomez collection. Unfortunately my drugstore didn't have Hit the Lights, so I can't compare them.)


Confetti Fun was kind of an impulse purchase, but I am very pleased with it! I love that it has so many different colors and sizes of glitters, and with really nice coverage. It did leave my nails a bit textured even after one layer of topcoat, but that doesn't bother me. I'm really looking forward to layering it over all different colors.


Now my only question is... is a yellow manicure too much when I'm already wearing a yellow shirt? I thought about changing clothes, but then I asked myself, "Does the world need less yellow, or more yellow?" and I threw on a pair of yellow sunglasses. You know what they say about haters.

DFTBA. And now that I've written this post,
maybe I can stop listening to "Love You Like A Love Song."

3 comments:

  1. OMG I keep forgetting this blog exists (until you guys link to it on fb) but it is amazing and I love all this yellow and also all the sparkles on this blog in general. I am generally not nail polish-ly inclined, but now I really want sprakly nails??? Idek. Thanks for the inspiration, or something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can borrow my sparkly nail polish when you're home!!

      Delete
  2. I just love the last picture in this post SO MUCH.

    ReplyDelete