Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Green & gold gradient

One week until I visit my boyfriend in Seattle! To celebrate, I wanted to do a manicure with Washington's state colors -- only, it doesn't actually have official state colors. (The only other states that don't have official colors are Virginia and Hawaii, but each Hawaiian island has an official color, so I feel like that doesn't even count.) But Wikipedia says that "some sources list dark green and gold/yellow, the two colors specified for the flag by law since 1925," and that's good enough for me.



I started with two coats of China Glaze's Four Leaf Clover. This is the first time I used this polish (besides for rainbow nails), and I was really happy with the application. Then I used a Love & Beauty polish (the label just says "GREEN" and I can't find it on the F21 website, but I bought it because it reminded me of Lurlinemas) to add some sparkle to the tips. This actually turned out to be a really bad polish for sponging, because all of the gold would come off the sponge at once, so it was pretty all or nothing, but I managed to work around it.

The end result is pretty subtle and kind of St. Patrick's Day-ish, but I'm happy with it.

DFTBA!

No comments:

Post a Comment